The notification of much awaited Kerala Administrative Services- KAS exam is expected to be released in December with the preliminary Exam expected to be conducted in May/ June 2020. Full Details of KAS exam is given below.
Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) came into force from January 2018 through Kerala Adminsitrative Service Rules which came into force with effect from 1.1.2018 .
I. Categories of KAS Officers
KAS shall consist of following categories of Officers :
- KAS Officer (Junior Time Scale)
- KAS Officer ( Senior Time Scale)
- KAS Officer (Selection Grade Scale)
- KAS Officer (Super Time Grade Scale)
An Officer joining KAS shall start his career in Junior Time Scale in state service.
II. Eligibility Criteria for Direct Recruits :
1) Bachelor Degree in any subject
2) Must have completed 21 years and must not have completed 32 years as on first January of the year in which applications for appointment are invited.
III. KAS Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Though the complete KAS syllabus is yet to be released, KAS is expected to follow UPSC pattern as far as Exam pattern and syllabus are concerned.Any changes included in final notification will be updated.
KAS Exam Pattern :
1) Preliminary Examination ( Objective )
2) Main Examination (Descriptive)
Expected Syllabus for KAS Preliminary Examination :
1. General Awareness and Current Affairs
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- Indian Polity and Governance
- General Science
- Indian History & Culture
- Indian Geography & Environment
- Facts about India (Miscellaneous)
- Computer & Cyber Law
- Kerala Renaissance
- Kerala History
- Kerala Geography
- Facts about Kerala
- Social Welfare Schemes
2. Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning
- Basic Mathematics
- Reasoning and Logical Ability
3. General English
4. Regional Language Knowledge (Malayalam)
KAS Main Examination - Expected Pattern and Syllabus :
Decriptive papers in following subjects are expected for KAS Main Examination
- Essay in English
- Essay in Malayalam
- General Knowlege (Subjective Questions)
- Current Affairs (Subjective Questions)
KAS Interview :
20% weightage compared to Main exam mark is expected for KAS Interview.
IV. KAS Training
1) Every Person apponted to KAS Junior Time Scale shall undergo training for a period of 18 months or for such duration as prescribed by the government.
2) The training shall be arranged by the Institute of Management in Government, Thiruvananthapuram in accordance with the rules.
V. KAS Probation
Total period of 2 years on duty within a continuous period of 3 years, inclusive of the period of training.
VI. List of Services included in KAS
(Schedule based KAS Mocks and KAS Mock Test Package along with Detailed Strategy and Suggested Study Materials List will be made available shortly)